Are you over 65 or about to turn 65?
Has your vision changed?
Would you like to know more about My Aged Care?
You may be eligible for financial support.
70% of our clients are older adults, so we understand you.
As we mature, our vision changes. Holding onto the quality of life you’ve enjoyed is important.
- You may have recently experienced changes to your vision and you want to learn more about how we could help.
- You may need to register for My Aged Care.
- You may be eligible for financial support and need more information.
Practical advice and strategies.
We can help you:
- Understand more about your vision and what it means in practical terms.
- Connect with others who are experiencing similar things to you.
- Stay independent in your own home.
- With activities such as cooking, cleaning and gardening.
- Access books, magazines and newspapers through our library.
- Enjoy television and live entertainment.
- Use smart phones and computers with magnifiers and speech technology
- Get around safely in your home and your neighbourhood
Emotional support when you need it
You and your family can access Vision Australia’s support to help you adjust to living with vision loss.
This support can help you and your loved ones develop strategies to help you feel confident and maintain your quality of life.
Together we can help you develop a plan so you can live your life the way you want to. Your dedicated support person will help you make it happen. They’ll get to know you, and make sure you get what you need.
Vision Australia is proud to be partnering with Be Connected, an Australia wide initiative empowering all Australians to thrive in a digital world. Find out more by clicking the logo below.
Contact us early and get the support you need. For more information on Vision Australia’s services call our helpline on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with our services here.
If you have recently been diagnosed with a vision impairment you probably have a lot of questions and concerns.
Vision Australia is a registered provider with My Aged Care, the Australian Government’s new way of delivering aged care services for people over the age of 65.
Assisting people to maximise the use of their remaining vision
There are many different strategies used by people who are blind or have low vision that assist with enhancing their independence and safety.
A great way to share information, tips, and experience on living with blindness or low vision and get emotional or social support from peers.