Why Vision Australia?
Our appointments are longer so we can go a step further than a regular optometry or vision specialist appointment. We are here to provide expert assistance, and advice when glasses are no longer enough.
What you can expect in your two-hour appointment:
- Personalised care from our skilled eye experts so we can take the time to explain your eye condition with care.
- Expert advice, and simple strategies to start the journey towards maximising your remaining vision to help you to continue to do the things you love.
- Advice on and access to our extensive range of low vision devices and optical aids priced to suit all budgets.
- Live demonstrations with assistive technology so, all clients walk out with a device that will immediately help make the everyday that little bit easier. (Not available on telehealth consultations)
- Referral into the broader support services offered by Vision Australia to suit your personal needs and help you achieve your personal goals.
Get help managing cataract, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
What would help you to live life on your terms?
Whether you’re at the start of your journey, or you’d like to learn the latest in assistive technology, we can help make life run smoother with products and services designed and selected to suit your goals.
Advice and support
Learn strategies, gain support, discover new technologies and products designed to help you thrive.
Connections and confidence
Connecting with others who share similar experiences is a good first step in regaining your confidence.
Independence and opportunity
Offering the latest technology and advice to help you succeed at work, studying or simply just tackling the day-to-day like reading and getting around your community.
How much does it cost?
The cost of Vision Australia’s ‘Know Your Vison Clinic’ can be covered by CHSP funding. This funding scheme enable you to tailor support and services for yours, or your loved ones needs and goals.
From an initial funding request to making sure you are prepared for your first planning meeting; we can support you through the application process.
If you can’t access funding, or perhaps you want to be part of an additional activity your funding package does not cover, you can chat to one of our team about other options. This could be as simple as paying a fee for service or us pointing you towards more appropriate funding schemes.Learn more about funding
Where are our clinics?
We’re a national organisation that supports patients in locations across the country. Find a Vision Australia centre near you today.
Hear how Cheryl makes the most of her vision
Vision Australia client Cheryl shares the big impact that small changes have made on her life with the right supports and services.
"I’ve got a little hand-held magnifier. It’s wonderful... finally I could read a menu, because sometimes every single word seems smaller than it should be. And if you’re at the supermarket, you want to make sure you’ve got the right product.”Listen to Cheryl’s story