Learn about inclusive design concepts and theory and how to put them in to practice. This unique hands-on course will help participants gain an understanding of what a disability is and provide the knowledge, tools, and frameworks to design more inclusively.
The workshop is aimed at user experience designers, user experience researchers, UI Designers and product designers. Technical training for developers, web producers and accessibility analysts is provided through our Web Accessibility Techniques and Testing training. Our Accessible Communications and Marketing training provides hands-on experience using simple tools to web writers, editors, publishers and content managers.
Attendees are welcome to bring laptops or tablets to take notes (these are not provided).
Introduction to inclusive design
- What is Inclusive Design
- What is a disability
- Legislation and legal requirements
- The different ways people interact with digital user interfaces and devices today.
Accessibility design patterns
- See: Design patterns for loss of vision
- Hear: Design patterns for hearing loss
Accessibility design patterns (continued)
- Speak: Design patterns for speech disabilities
- Touch: Design patterns for physical and motor disabilities
- Cognitive: Design patterns for cognitive and learning disabilities
Research and development
- Conducting user research
- Creating a persona spectrum
- Group mini-project
Attendees will be provided with a handbook and a list of resources for further reading.
Course Dates and Registration
We are currently offering Virtual Classroom training only. We will be resuming in-person training later in 2021.
The in person training begins at 9.00am and finishes at 4.30pm.
From the list of locations below, click the date of the course you wish to attend. You will be redirected to an online registration page, which will provide venue details. Payment can be made online using a credit card (we will email you a tax receipt), or select ‘invoice’ to be invoiced directly from Vision Australia.
All Locations: To be advised.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waiting list for 2021 in-person training.
We also send out regular training updates through the Digital Access newsletter.
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
Phone: 1300 367 055