Vision Australia is a registered provider with My Aged Care for Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages.
When a person needs specialist vision support
Everyone’s sight is as individual as they are.
A person may need specialist vision support if they:
- Have trouble seeing even with their glasses on.
- Have trouble reading.
- Have been diagnosed with low vision or a degenerative eye condition such as Macular Degeneration or Glaucoma.
- Can no longer enjoy their favourite hobbies or interests, or complete daily tasks.
- Have trouble moving around at home or out in the community.
- Are legally blind.
About our program
- social activities and building connections with others,
- getting out in the community safely and confidently,
- remaining independent in the home and
- discovering easy-to-use technology to stay in contact with friends and family
Our staff include: occupational therapists, orthoptists, orientation and mobility specialists, adaptive technology specialists, emotional and recreation group facilitators, orthoptists and librarians.
Our Commonwealth Home Support Program service types are:
- Specialised Support Services – Vision Services covering all ACT, NSW, Qld, Victoria and Darwin. This is our main service type.
- Allied Health and Therapy – Occupational Therapy covering NSW, Victoria and parts of Queensland and Perth.
- Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology covering limited number specific age care areas in Melbourne, NSW and Queensland.
- Social Support Group covering Victoria
- Flexible Respite covering Bendigo (Victoria) and Coorparoo (Brisbane) only
- Centre Based Respite covering Coorparoo (Brisbane) only
It is recommended to include the Specialised Support Services referral with the other referral types as we may identify other vision needs.
How to refer a person to Vision Australia
In the assessor portal, search for the relevant service type in the client’s area or search for Vision Australia.
Specialised Support Services – Vision Services is our main and most comprehensive service type.