Vision Australia’s service delivery model enables participating optometrists to use their own supply chains to source and supply spectacles for eligible patients. Spectacles and optical appliances are then reimbursed at a set rate.
A web-based online portal supports the delivery of the program by:
- Capturing patient information
- Automatically assessing patient eligibility based on information from their Centrelink Income Statement
- Facilitating online claim lodgment
- Providing visibility of claim status including reimbursement payments made by Vision Australia
The new service delivery model and online portal are designed to streamline provider and patient experience when accessing the NSW Spectacles Program including:
- Retaining patient details
- Immediate access to Program support information such as ineligible notices available in the following language options: English, Arabic, Vietnamese, Chinese, Greek and Hindi.
- Enabling optometrists to leverage their own supply chains
- Reduced delivery times
- Electronic data storage
- Visibility of claim status
For more information, download NSW spectacles program: Frequently asked questions for providers (Word, 28KB).
Interested in registering for this worthwhile Program?
To register as a provider for the Program, optometrists and optical dispensers should enter their details in the online portal under the link “Optom Register”.
Vision Australia will then contact you and provide you key information and guidelines along with the current Product Price Schedule for your consideration.
Providers must register with the Program by completing and signing the NSW Spectacles Program Registration Form and Terms.
A list of optical suppliers (Word, 123KB) is available to assist eye care professionals.
These suppliers are able to supply low cost frames and lenses. Vision Australia encourages registered providers of the NSW Spectacles Program to source Australian-made optical appliances. Suppliers interested in being listed in this document are welcome to contact Vision Australia. Inclusion in this list is not to be considered an endorsement of product by Vision Australia.