Career Visions is a uniquely tailored program to support participants to develop job readiness skills to enter the workforce. We are inviting expressions of interest from our blind and low vision community in a safe and supportive environment to undertake our program in 2024!
Are you a school leaver looking for a job or transitioning between industries due to vision loss? Or a parent returning to work? This is the program for you!
Based in Brisbane, Career Visions will assist you to:
- attain a Certificate 1 in Workplace Skills (Business) at South Bank TAFE
- build confidence and independence
- undertake a range of learning activities to meet your employment goals
- advance your computer knowledge and adaptive tech usage
- engage in themed sessions
- attend workplace visits
- receive work attire
- work on individual and group based projects
- be supported with social and financial assistance
- undertake a work placement with a host employer to further develop your employment skills and experience
The program will be held at Vision Australia (Coorparoo), South Bank TAFE and a host employer workplace running for 22 weeks between Monday 8 April to Friday 6 September, at 25 hours a week.
This is a paid work and learning opportunity for the entire 22 weeks funded by the Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training.
Expressions of Interest open Monday 5 February and close Thursday 29 February. Any questions, please email Harmonie Downes on [email protected]