As Victoria begins to move to a new COVID normal way of operating, we wanted to update you on what this means for Vision Australia.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority has been the health and safety of our clients, workforce and the wider community.
Now, as government restrictions begin to ease across Victoria, we’re excited to make it easier for you to receive specialist support from Vision Australia.
What this means for you
People in Victoria can now visit a Vision Australia location or request a face to face appointment with a Vision Australia service provider. Except for a small number of locations, you can visit our centres without an appointment. Vision Australia locations requiring an appointment can be found online.
Visits to a Vision Australia location or appointments with Vision Australia are subject to a strict COVID-19 screening. We ask people not to visit us or request an appointment if they are feeling unwell or have been directed to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms or self-isolate by health authorities.
This also applies to people wishing to visit Vision Australia centre to purchase or trial equipment through our Vision Stores.
Please note that our cancellation policy is in effect and applies to appointments with a Vision Australia service provider.
Under current requirements in Victoria, anybody attending a Vision Australia location or appointment will be required to wear a face mask. All Vision Australia staff have been provided with PPE and are required to follow strict infection control requirements.
If you would like to arrange an appointment with Vision Australia, you can phone us on 1300 84 74 66 or email email@example.com.
To help keep you and everyone safe, we have put together some simple guidelines we’d like you to follow before, during and after attending a Vision Australia centre or appointment.
Before your appointment:
- Are you feeling unwell? If you or any one you have been in recent contact is unwell, please contact us and we’ll reschedule your appointment or visit.
- If possible, consider if your appointment can be held outside.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands immediately before your appointment and don’t forget your mask.
During your appointment or visit:
- Please follow any directions by staff to sign in or register if visiting a Vision Australia centre
- If you’re attending a Vision Australia centre, our staff will open and close doors for you. If an appointment is happening in your home, please open and close doors for our staff.
- If you need to cough or sneeze please use disposable tissues or your elbow and thoroughly wash or sanitise hands after.
- Attend appointments alone if possible. If not, please limit one person to accompany you to the appointment if possible. If your children are accompanying you, please bring a toy or two to keep them occupied.
- Where possible, please keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Please do not handle any Vision Australia equipment unless advised by staff.
- All equipment and surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every use.
After your appointment or visit:
- Wash your hands thoroughly sanitize after your appointment.
- Vision Australia staff can help you schedule follow up appointments, access equipment through our Vision Store and answer any further questions you have.
We encourage everyone to stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 information from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). You can call the DHHS COVID-19 24/7 hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
Vision Australia will continue to follow the advice of health authorities and will communicate any further changes to how you can access Vision Australia services if and when they occur.
If you have any questions about Vision Australia in your local area or in general, please feel to phone us on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision Australia general manager client services