Do you wonder how your child will prepare for their future? What skills do they need to develop, to support their long-term employability? You're invited with your child, to our Career Sampler event*.
You will hear from our keynote speaker, Dr Karen Wolffe, a world-renowned expert in employability of people who are blind or have low vision.
You will then have an opportunity to meet and talk with mentors who are blind or have low vision to learn about their path to gaining employment. You can ask them questions about their journey, including any obstacles and how they overcame them. The mentors will represent a range of occupations.
2020 Vision Australia Career Sampler
Date: Saturday, March 7
Locations and times:
- Sydney (12.30pm - 4.30pm AEDT) - Burwood RSL (96 Shaftsbury Road, Burwood, NSW)
- Melbourne (12.30pm - 4.30pm AEDT) – Vision Australia Kooyong (454 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong)
- Brisbane(11.30am - 3.30pm AEDT) – Vision Australia Coorparoo (373 Old Cleveland Rd, Coorparoo)
Keynote Speaker: Dr Karen Wolffe, world-renowned expert in the area of employability of people with blindness or low vision
Bookings: The Careers Sampler is free, but bookings are essential as places are limited. To book, register online at https://bit.ly/2uGyvo0.
Queries: For queries, please use the below email for your respective state:
- Sydney: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne: paediatricVIC@visionaustralia.org
- Brisbane: Tracy.Millwood@visionaustralia.org
Mentors: You can find out more about becoming a Careers Sampler mentor here.
*This event is suitable for all parents, and for children aged 7 years and over.