Deafblind Services aims to expand your choices and opportunities across all aspects of your life.
Our specialist staff can work in partnership with you and your family/carers to expand the choices and opportunities available to you in daily life. This is achieved through assessment, coordination and provision of services, as well as facilitating access to the community.
Vision Australia offers the following deafblind services:
- Independent living assistance. This includes daily living activities such as self-care, meal and beverage preparation, cooking, home maintenance, community access, financial management, and training in the use of specialist equipment and indoor orientation and mobility skills.
- Print access training to facilitate communication and access to information and print through education in braille, computer skills and adaptive technology.
- Information and advice about accessible social/recreational activities.
- Information about services and products, other organisations, peer support networks and current research.
- Training programs for professionals working with people who are deafblind.
- Communication assessments and training in a variety of deafblind and/or tactile communication methods.
Contact us early and get the support you need. For more information on Vision Australia’s services call our helpline on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with our services here.