Accessible Communications and Marketing training teaches attendees to create accessible online web content, social media, emails, video and audio, and marketing. We’ll demonstrate solutions to achieve WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, as well as usability and accessibility best practices gathered through our own research and user testing across various disability groups.
This course is in alignment with the Australian Human Rights Commission’s World Wide Web Access Advisory Notes and the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard.
1. Introduction to accessible communications:
- Who it benefits
- Disability statistics
- Learning styles
- Accessibility Policy
- Centralised and Distributed authoring models
- Brand style and editorial guides
- Briefing suppliers
3. Web accessibility techniques:
- Plain English
- Legibility of text
- Images and text alternatives
- Colour contrast
- Content structure
- Video and Audio
- Maps and charts
4. Accessible Advertisements
5. Email, documents, and social media
- Email accessibility considerations
- Word and PDF accessibility considerations
- Social media considerations
6. Print Accessibility
7. Creating an Accessibility Statement
- What you should have in a statement
8. Handling complaints
- Social media
Attendees will be provided with a handbook and a list of resources for further reading.
Course Dates and Registration
The in-person training begins at 9.00am and finishes at 4.30pm.
From the list of locations below, click the date of the course you wish to attend. You will be redirected to an online registration page, which will provide venue details. Payment can be made online using a credit card (we will email you a tax receipt), or select ‘invoice’ to be invoiced directly from Vision Australia.
All Locations: To be advised.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waiting list for 2021 in-person training.
We also send out regular training updates through the Digital Access newsletter.
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
Phone: 1300 367 055