Each year, we search Australia-wide for talented graduates who are blind or have low vision, and offer them a chance to kick start their career in their chosen field.
Career Start is a 12-month program consisting of a nine-month paid placement within Vision Australia and a three-month paid placement with an external employer.
We offer a flexible job position and location, tailored to your needs, where you can develop workplace skills, apply your qualification in practice and develop a network of contacts and mentors.
Upon completion of the program, we offer support in transitioning into ongoing employment.
Areas of Vision Australia
We can place you in a broad range of areas, based on your desired career:
Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, Radio, Volunteering, Advocacy, Human Resources, Project Management, Information Technology, Finance, Library Services, Seeing Eye Dogs Australia.
Allied Health areas include Occupational Therapy (adult and paediatric), Speech Pathology (paediatric), Physiotherapy (paediatric), Early Childhood Education, Orthoptics and Orientation and Mobility.
- Graduated within the last four years
- Will have completed study prior to commencement
- Have obtained a qualification at Diploma level or higher
- Be able to participate in the program for 12 months continuously, commencing in April and concluding in March the following year.
- Be able to participate in the program for a minimum 0.8 EFT (full-time preferred).
- Have a current eye report (within the last 12 months)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live within commutable distance to Vision Australia centres
If you don’t meet all the eligibility criteria and think you might still be suited to Career Start, give us a call and we can discuss your situation. All applicants will be offered consultation with Vision Australia Employment Services.
How can I apply?
We’ve flipped the traditional job application process around.
We start with you, your qualification, your experience and your career aspirations, and place you in a position that matches your skills and expertise.
Applications for the 2022 Career Start program are now open
Closing 1 April 2022