Nothing’s off limits in new Vision Australia audio series
There are some subjects which are felt to be too awkward or embarrassing to ever get talked about in a straightforward and open way.
Instead, we skirt around them because we think we should know all the facts. Or we suppose that someone else has covered the topic – and much better than we ever could.
Subjects like mental health, dating, personal care, safety, nutrition, periods, disclosure, identity… you get the idea. Things we might feel are ‘off limits’.
We know from surveying our community that people really want to know more on these so-called off-limits subjects.
As such, Vision Australia is developing ‘Nothing’s Off Limits’: a podcast series where experts and people with lived experience sit down and discuss topics we love to avoid but absolutely need to talk about.
And, as the name suggests, nothing will be off limits.
Do you have a burning question?
We’ve already heard from you about what topics you want us to cover….now we want to dig deeper and hear what specific questions you’d like us to discuss for each episode.
If you have any questions about any of the following topics that you would like us to explore in this series, please drop us a line at Nothingsofflimits@visionaustralia.org
Topics we’re exploring include:
- Mental health
- Staying safe inside and outside the home and situational awareness
- Wellbeing, nutrition, and exercise
- Personal hygiene and grooming, using public facilities and other spaces, period management
- Healthy (and unhealthy) relationships
- Appearance and body image
- Adult entertainment, services and products
- Identity, community, fitting in standing out, disclosure
- Not blind enough? Low vision-specific experiences
Spread the word
Please spread the word to your friends and families and bookmark this website for updates and links to the podcasts once they’re ready to download.
Where to listen
Episodes will broadcast on Vision Australia Radio then available for download to listen when and where suits you.