Sometimes, even with the law on your side, you may encounter discrimination or barriers as a result of being blind or having low vision that stops you from exercising your rights. We understand that trying to get the outcome you’re after can be overwhelming at times.
Our Stand Up For Your Rights Guides cover general skills, web accessibility, employment, traveling with a Seeing Eye Dog and education. Each guide provides tips and resources to help you move through every step of the process. Please download below.
- General skills to standing up for your rights [Word 423 KB].
- Web accessibility [Word 298 KB].
- Employment [Word 772 KB].
- Traveling with a Seeing Eye Dog [Word 338 KB].
- Quick guide to travelling with a Seeing Eye Dog [Word 325 KB]. Keep this handy with you.
We know that it means the world to you that your child is treated fairly at school and receives the best possible education. Our detailed and quick access education guides help you navigate through specific areas to help you get the outcome you’re after.
- Full guide: supporting your child to overcome barriers in education due to their blindness or low vision [Word 1 MB] .
- Quick guide: building relationships to get the best results [Word 1.9 MB].
- Quick guide: putting reasonable adjustments in place for your child [Word 1.9 MB].
- Quick guide: laws that protect your child’s rights [Word 1.9 MB].
Stay in touch
We recognise that you may encounter discrimination as a result of being blind or having low vision outside of the topics covered in our guides. We are here for you. Please contact Vision Australia's Advocacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call1300 84 74 66 and ask to speak to our Advocacy team.
Stand up for your rights webinar
Watch our "Stand up for your rights" webinar. Recorded December 6, 2017.