Date 01 Oct 2019
Time 10:00 AM
Address Vision Australia Ringwood, 3 Civic Place, Ringwood , VIC
Phone 9760 0000
Come and join our specialised technology course and learn new skills to support your independence, and make day to day tasks easier.
This course will be led by our experts specialising in assistive technology who will support you in practicing your new skills.
- Day: Tuesdays
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Each session will comprise presentation, question & answer session and supervised practice. Classes are limited to 6 participants.
- 6 week course
- October 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, November 12 (5 November is Melbourne Cup public holiday)
1) Use the Artificial Intelligence feature to do things like reading your mail, medication labels, checking your available funds and more.
2) Surf the internet easily and navigate a website quickly.
3) Create calendars on your device - create and change appointments, set reminders and alerts, calculate travel times for appointments and more.
4) Use navigation features on your device – use GPS to get directions, including which public transport to use, and how much an Uber would cost.
5) Use your device as a powerful video magnifier
6) Use voice commands (Siri) to perform tasks on your device such as: make calls, read & respond to text messages, check the weather, manage your calendar.
What to bring:
Please bring your iPhone or iPad if you have one. If you don’t have a device, please let us know and we can arrange for you to borrow one for each class. Please bring headphones if you have them (although not required).
These courses are $775.92 (6 sessions, a total of 12 hours) and will be billed to an individual’s NDIS plan under Capacity Building. Please feel free to contact us if you would like assistance in organizing this.
Bookings are essential as places are limited. Please call or email to secure your place in this course: 9760 0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org