On this page
People Centric. Purpose Driven.
As a member of the Vision Australia workforce, you're part of a team actively improving the lives of people who are blind or have low vision.
Be driven by our mission, guided by our values, and experience stability and a focus on future.
- Join our mission to support people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose.
- Be driven by our values and future direction.
- Support a diverse range of clients with a strong focus on engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Enjoy an inclusive culture that values diversity and all abilities.
- Benefit from our strong foundation, built over 150+ years.
Listen to what a Vision Australia employee has to say about working under a shared purpose.
Salary and Benefits
Enjoy person-centred flexibility, generous leave allowances and competitive financial benefits.
- Receive a competitive salary.
- Take advantage of salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
- Make the most of generous leave options.
- Develop flexible working arrangements with your manager.
- Enjoy a family-friendly workplace and bring your well-behaved dog to work.
- Experience modern and accessible technology and systems.
Listen to a Vision Australia employee share his experience of how flexibility has positively influenced his working life with Vision Australia.
Expand Your Career
Grow professionally with autonomy, support when needed, and ongoing professional development.
- Be trusted to use your professional judgement in your role.
- Access a range of tailored professional development opportunities.
- Explore opportunities for career growth and progression.
- Develop your allied health skills specialising in blindness and low vision, and enjoy support from talented and experienced staff.
Hear from a Vision Australia employee about their experience expanding their career.
Benefit from our commitment to the holistic wellbeing of our entire workforce.
- Access free external counselling and support to help you achieve personal and professional goals.
- Connect with a Mental Health First Aid Officer or a Contact Officer if you need to chat.
- Enjoy benefits of a dedicated R U OK? 365 mental health program.
- Enjoy discounted gym memberships and access to other exclusive offers.
Listen to a Vision Australia employee explain why she became a Contact Officer for Vision Australia and how this is part of the organisation's commitment to the holistic wellbeing of our workforce.
Be Part of the Team
Join our diverse and inclusive team and experience a strong sense of community.
- Connect with approachable and present leaders.
- Adopt our strong culture of teamwork.
- Join a diverse and inclusive team with high work satisfaction and engagement.
- Get recognised and rewarded for your hard work.
- Learn from your colleagues who are blind or have low vision.
Listen to what a Vision Australia employee has to say about being part of the team.