Date 05 Jan 2023
Time 11:00 AM
Address 78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli , , NSW
Phone Box Office: 9929 0644
Audio Described Thursday 5 January 2023 at 11am
Saturday 7 January 2023 at 4.30pm
78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli
Box Office: 9929 0644
- Companion Cards accepted – please mention Audio Description when booking
- Playwright: Sam O’Sullivan. Commissioned by Ensemble’s Literary Fund
- Director: Mark Kilmurry
- Cast includes: Danielle Carter, Emma Harvie, Aileen Huynh, Jamie Oxenbould and Brian Meegan
- Duration: 90 minutes no interval
- Content warning: Recommended for ages 12+
It’s Sydney. It’s Christmas time. And it’s stinking hot. Even though she’s unable to be there, Mum is insisting the family gather in honour of Dad – he was the BBQ king!
Their adult children, wine snob Peter and cynical Connie, reluctantly get the clan together for round two of festivities – they’ve survived the chaos of Christmas but Boxing Day is set to pack a punch. In raising a toast to their Dad’s memory, old grudges and family tensions sizzle to the surface. Surely they’ll be able to stop grilling each other for one day.
With a scorching ensemble under the direction of Mark Kilmurry, don’t miss Sam O’Sullivan’s blistering comedy about the ridiculous holiday season in all it’s glory.