Date 15 Dec 2022
Time 11:00 AM
Address 78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli, , NSW
Phone Box Office: 9929 0644
Audio Described Thursday 15 December at 11am
Saturday 17 December at 1pm
78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli
Box Office: 9929 0644
- Companion Cards accepted – please mention Audio Description when booking
- Written by: Charles Dickens Adapted for the stage by Hilary Bell. Commissioned by Ensemble’s Literary Fund.
- Director: Damien Ryan
- Cast includes: Jane Anderson, John Bell, Justin Smith and Anthony Taufa
- Duration: 80 minutes no interval
- Content warning: Recommended for ages 8+
Gather your mistletoe, hang your stocking and join the Crummles family in their home as they bring to life this classic festive tale of villainy, injustice, transformation and redemption. This Victorian troupe will immerse you in the magic of Dickens’ ghostly world as they conjure up spirits with music, pantomime and other thrilling surprises.
Visited by three strangers on the eve before Christmas, Ebenezer Scrooge sees his inexcusable penny pinching ways laid bare: from brushes with the past, to enlightenment in the present and dreaded visions of the future. Will Scrooge repent and throw turkey to the wind, or will he hold on to his purse strings, forever doomed like his poor dead friend Marley?
Playing the misanthropic Scrooge, John Bell (Diplomacy) is joined by a magnificent ensemble cast in this delightful adaptation by Hilary Bell. A joyous family event not to be missed!